Introduction to Finite and Spectral Element Methods using Matlab
Second Edition, 2014, Chapman & Hall/CRCAvailable from Amazon
Why this book?Several hundred books on finite element methods are available. This book is unique in the following ways:
- Finite and element and spectral element methods are discussed alongside.
- The methods are developed in the broad context of ordinary and partial differential equations, not from the narrower context of a specific discipline.
- Applications and implentations are discussed for Laplace, Helmholtz, Stokes, Navier--Stokes, elasticity, structural mechanics and other applications.
- Emphasis is placed on essential algorithms and computer implementation.
- Practical programming experience is gained simultaneously thanks to the FSELIB library--a free library of MATLAB functions and codes. The codes can be easily translated into another language.
- Self-contained grid-generation modules are provided.
- A concise MATLAB primer is given in an Appendix.
FSELIB Matlab LibraryThis book is accompanied by the software library FSELIB