Introduction to Finite and Spectral Element Methods using Matlab
First Edition, 2005, Taylor & Francis/CRCAvailable from Amazon and Barnes & Noble
|Please note that a Second Edition is now available.|
Why this book?Several hundred books on finite element methods are available. This book is unique in the following ways:
- Finite and element and spectral element methods are discussed.
- The methods are developed in the broad context of ordinary and partial differential equations.
- Applications and implentations are discussed for Laplace, Helmholtz, Stokes, Navier-Stokes, elasticity, structural mechanics and other problems.
- Emphasis is placed on essential algorithms and computer implementation.
- Practical computational experience gained simultaneously thanks to the FSELIB library--a free library of MATLAB functions and codes.
- Self-contained grid-generation modules are provided.
- A concise MATLAB primer is given in an Appendix.
Matlab ProgramsThis book is accompanied by the software library FSELIB
|34||Equation (1.1.81):||Insert a minus sign (-) after the second equal sign (=).|
|34||Five lines after (1.1.81):||Modify to read: hTfinf/k|
|51||Second equaion in (1.3.22):||Modify to read: P2(l)||Diogo Bolster|
|77||Equation (1.4.34):||Cross out the "2" from the denominator.|
|83||Seven lines before the end of the code:||Modify to read: rhs(ne) = rhs(ne)+B11*f(ne)|
|87||Six lines from the bottom:||Modify to read: "Ni,i Ni,i-1 and Ni,i+1"|
|87||LHS of the second equation in (1.5.12):||Modify to read: "Ni,i-1"|
|87||LHS of the third equation in (1.5.12):||Modify to read: "Ni,i+1"|
|97||Seven lines before the end of the code:||Please cross out the minus (-) sign from the Robin line.|
||Nine lines from the bottom:||insert "for n=1$ before the semi-colon (;).|
|Five lines from the bottom:||insert "for n=1$ before the semi-colon (;).|
|138||Equations (2.1.1) and (2.1.2):||Change the equation numbers to (2.1.33) and (2.1.34).|
|152||Seven lines from the bottom:||Please change "Table 2.2.1." to "Table 2.2.2."|
|186||Nine lines from the bottom:||Change "(a) Repeat (b)" to "(b) Repeat (a)"|
|191||Eighth line:||Please change to read: for jp=1:ng-1|
|202||Equation (2.6.43):||Change "144/7" to "144/5"|
|218||Eight lines from bottom:||Change "(1.2.21)" to "(1.2.28)"|
|335||Four lines and two lines from bottom:||Change to read: "shown in (4.3.59) and (4.3.60)"|
|436||Fourth line:||Change "Figure 5.4.2" to "Figure 5.4.3"|
|376||Second line from bottom:||Change "U=Gz" to "U=kz"|
|377||First and second lines:||Change "G" to "k" in two places.|
|415||Line after equation (5.4.12):||Add a "the" to read " defined by the position"|
|471||Second line:||Change "2.1.2" to "3.1.2"|
|474||Problem 5.7.1:||Change "1:5" to "5:1"|
|501||Problem 6.2.4:||This should be "Problem 6.2.3"|